Shooting in Direct Sunlight: Top 5 Reasons Why I Love It
Whenever you have a shoot outside the weather&lighting are always a bit of a gamble. Generally I avoid the sunlight but I have learned to love and work with it as well. Below are my top 5 reasons to shoot your model/client/subject in direct sunlight and let them shine!
1. DRAMA! It creates a super dramatic look. Your model can get away with over the top expressions and poses.
3. The Jewels will SPARKLE! All those diamonds, gold, and precious stones will be on display in the sunlight.
4. Exaggerated angles: Shooting from extreme angles pairs well with the dramatic look of the sunlight and shadows. So get low, get high and shoot you heart out.
5. Work with the shadows: There will be all sorts of shadows around you which will create cool dark shapes in your image and bring light to whatever is in the sun.
6. The colors will POP! Whatever colors are being lit by the sun will surely be saturated and bright!
*The two shoots featured include: Lainy Hedaya of Haute Inhabit, wearing Ralph Lauren apparel and jewelry, and the other is of Olivia Palermo during NYFW last year